SEBEWAING AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - CHARLES W. LIKEN HOUSE MUSEUM
324 N. Center
Sebewaing, MI 48759
Block: Liken Mariner's Compass
The former carriage building sits behind the Charles W. Liken House Museum built
in the late 1880's by John C. Liken for his son C.W. Liken and family. They moved to California
in 1939 and a variety of tenants have lived their since.
In 2006 the home became available just ahead of the wrecking ball. The Sebewaing Area Historical Society
took on the restoration of the home. The woodwork, light fixtures, and hardwood floors are original
and in great condition.
The Mariner's Compass was selected because it depicts the journey on the seas from Germany
to the United States of America by John C. Liken, an early pioneer entrepreneur of Sebewaing.
Safety and Respecting Private Property~
All sites are on private property and should be viewed from the public road unless otherwise indicated at the
site that it is a business open to the public. We are indebted to our barn hosts for their generosity.
When viewing and enjoying the barns and blocks use caution when slowing or stopping near a site.