9920 Thayer Rd.
Mayville, MI 48744
The Gromak Barn was built in 1903 using native timber and stone. Some of the
beams show evidence of being in a prior barn. Over the years it has been used for
dairy, hogs, and chickens. It is used today to store equipment, hay and houses a
flock of sheep. The barn was owned by Heresy Saunders in prior years.
Barn repair crews say it's unusual for hip support beams to run from floor to the hip.
Joyce designed and named her block Spring because she loves the season.
Now the Gromak's can look out and see flowers all year.
Safety and Respecting Private Property~
All sites are on private property and should be viewed from the public road unless otherwise indicated at the
site that it is a business open to the public. We are indebted to our barn hosts for their generosity.
When viewing and enjoying the barns and blocks use caution when slowing or stopping near a site.